Planning your family holiday has never been more exciting as we look forward to rediscovering and reconnecting with loved ones. Our location in Tubbercurry is not only ideal to use as a base to meet and stay but also for touring the North West to avail of all that’s on offer. We offer adventure packages and also gourmet picnics to take away.
Take your pick from these 5 family friendly activities that will ensure everyone enjoys the getaway.
1. We are lucky to have so many walks and trails located nearby for our guests to enjoy. Take in the beautiful sites and embark on a hillside climb or walk. Try the new Knocknashee walk for a stroll with a spectacular view. This hilltop fort also known as ‘Hill of the Fairies’. Carrowkeel is a neolithic hilltop passage tomb complex consisting of 14 passage cairns and both provide its climbers with unforgettable views of County Sligo. Or take a leisurely stroll around the shores of Lough Talt or Lough Easkey and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. You could also visit Carrowmore and the visitor centre is free to visitors.
2. Step back in time at the Sligo Folk Park which is located nearby in Riverstown. They are now open Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm. There’s plenty to see and do for all ages with 8 acres of land and multiple exhibition spaces. Pre-booking is not essential to take a self-guided tour, but you can call in advance to ensure there are no delays in entering any of the exhibitions. This attraction provides a true experience of rural life and Irish heritage at the turn of the late 19th Century and the exhibition hall houses one of Ireland’s finest collections of rural history and agricultural artefacts.
3. Bring the family to Eagles Flying, Ireland’s largest sanctuary for raptors and owls, for an exciting day out they won’t forget. Their entertaining and interactive bird shows attract visitors from all over. Experience some of the biggest birds of prey in the world flying right over your head or landing next to you.
4. Coney Island offers a special retreat for all the family. Enjoy a day trip and wander around this unspoilt island, take the scenic walk past the lighthouse, or picnic on the front of the island. If you like Oysters, book a Sligo Oyster Experience, town tour or farm tour with guide Aisling Kelly.
5. Lough Key Forest Park is a beautiful landscape that is steeped in history. This activity park is an ideal family day trip spot as there is options for gentle leisurely activities or more energetic pursuits. Explore the forest park and grounds with its vast woodland and numerous islands or rent some bikes and enjoy the cycle ways.
Our guesthouse offers a choice of accommodation to suit your needs along with an atmospheric bar and restaurant. For more information or to make a reservation email email@example.com